1. We bought Granny a present, ＿＿＿ she didn't like it.
A. but B. and C. or D. so
2. Run quickly, ＿＿＿ we'll miss the early train.
A. and B. but C. so D. or
3. I'll give the book to him ＿＿＿ he comes back.
A. since B. as soon as C. before D. until
［析］ as soon as 引出的时间状语从句应用一般现在时表示将来要发生的动作。
4. Don't cross the road ＿＿＿ the light turns green.
A. when B. while C. until D. as
［析］ until应译为"直到……才"，因为前面的祈使句为否定句。又如：She did not go to bed until her mother came back. 应译为"直到她妈妈回来她才睡觉"。
5. Miss Gao has been a teacher ＿＿＿ 1990.
A. before B. after C. since D. in
［析］ 因为主句为完成时，所以应用 since表示该动作的启始点。
6. - Which would you like better, tea ＿＿＿ milk?
- Tea, please.
A. but B. and C. or D. with
7. We love spring ＿＿＿ there's beautiful flowers every where.
A. though B. but C. or D. because
8. Please leave ＿＿＿ 7∶００, then you'll be able to get ＿＿＿ there earlier.
A. till, in B. from, / C. before, / D. behind, to
9. The teacher didn't begin the lesson ＿＿＿ all the students stopped talking.
A. until B. after C. if D. because
10. Betty didn't go to see the film yesterday ＿＿＿ she was ill.
A. but B. until C. if D. because
11. You must start right now, ＿＿＿ you'll miss the train.
A. for B. and C. so D. or
12. ＿＿＿ he is a child of six, he can read and write.
A. Whose B. If C. Though D. Because
13. I like fish, ＿＿＿ chicken, ＿＿＿ eggs.
A. and, and B. and, with C. /, and D. and, /
［析］ 在有若干个名词或动词出现时，每一个词之间只用逗号连接，只在最后两个词之间加and。如：The old man passed the street, went into a shop and bought some food。
14. Take this dictionary with you ＿＿＿ you may use it in class.
A. when B. in order to C. but D. so that
［析］ so that应译为"为的是"。本句句义为：带上字典，为的是在上课时可能有用。而in order to 其后应接动词不定式，如：Take this dictionary with you in order to use it in class。
15. I hope ＿＿＿ will be fine tomorrow.
A. it B. what C. whether D. when
16. ＿＿＿ she was not well, I decided to go without her.
A. Though B. As C. When D. Because of
［析］ as这里应译为"由于"。全句意为：由于她不舒服，我决定不带她去了。而because of 其后不能接从句只能接宾语。如： Because of the heavy rain, we decided not to go。
17. My aunt bought me ＿＿＿ many story books that I spent a lot of time them.
A. such…on B. such…in C. too…in D. so…on
［析］ 因many前只能用so来修饰，所以只能选择D选项。而spend…on something 为在某事上花费时间或钱。如：She spent a lot of money on her clothes。
18. Mother was cooking ＿＿＿ she ＿＿＿ a knock at the door.
A. when, listen to B. while, listened toC. while, heard D. when, heard
19. Speak slowly, ＿＿＿ we can understand you.
A. and B. or C. if D. because
20. You'll learn English well ＿＿＿ you put your heart into it.
A. if B. so C. until D. or
21. I won't let you in ＿＿＿ you show me your pass.
A. until B. for C. since D. because
22. She didn't go to school ＿＿＿ she was ill.
A. why B. because C. where D. but